santa

 



Being Jewish does not mean I have to give up my love of Santa Claus. I have fond memories of Santa when I was little.
After my parents divorced, my mother raised us Catholic and I remember her filling our felt stockings with ST. Nicholas gifts (usually fruit, nuts and a gingerbread cookie with a paper label of Old ST. Nicholas... if you were a bad little girl you got a devil gingerbread cookie. The same paper label, but he was the devil, The horror!!! The equivelent of coal in your stocking)

Now I'm older and I just don't care about Christmas and gifts... It is just not the same as when you were a kid. These are all lessons you don't understand when you are young. NOw I'm old and wish for things I really cannot have.. things you cannot buy. Buying anything is easy.. the important things have nothing to do with money or presents.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog