53 or 54






Some people think you become "you" once your mother becomes pregnant, so today, on my "birth" day, the day I entered the world, I would have already been at least 9 months old. So according to these people, I would be almost 54, not 53.

My 2 favorite birthday cards are not actually birthday cards, but birthday postcards... On the left, Goodwill sends me a card and Princess Cruises, who we took a cruise with about 5 years ago, also sent me birthday wishes. Perfect.

As I'm writing, listening to DEvotchka's music I am copying this little ditty from Hugo. I am partial to him.

"So long as we have one companion, life is endurable; left entirely alone, it seems as if it is impossible to drag on, and we refuse to try, which is the first sign of despair. As time rolls on, however, we discover that duty is a series of compromises; we comtemplate life, we contemplate death, and submit; but it is a submission which makes the heart bleed."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Duck has a home