Lester the dove, I hope you are well











Lots of snow. Driving was a little tense today. Saw lots of accidents. Now they are predicting freezing rain.


After I made it home this afternoon with Howie (We had pet PT for his leg today), I went outside the back porch to shovel the newly fallen snow... I looked down and there was a dove at the door. I did not really understand he was injured or sick because he sort of flew away... I went back and checked on him, but he just sat there in the 8 inches of snow, not moving. I put him in a box with food. I researched what to do on the internet and they said to keep him warm. I called Animal control and drove the dove to them so they can find a bird expert to rehab him. He was alive. I did not see any injuries, but I saw a mean bird chasing the birds at the bird feeder yesterday. Maybe he was a casualty of the attack.
I hope he makes it. They really are cute birds. The website I went to said Doves often come to doors and windows of houses.. sort of saying, hey I need some help.
Nature does amaze me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog