Dufield Pond across the street

This is Dufield Pond. It belonged to the owners of our home 160 years ago. Lots of people go there to fish. The second photograph shows you where a frog should be, not a can of corn a fisherman left behind. What's the deal with litterbugs?
The Dufield Pond has stories behind it. One of the stories I heard has something to do with a horse and buggy which was trying to cross the frozen pond, when it collapsed through the ice and people died. It's sort of sketchy, I don't really have all the details, but have heard it several times since I've lived in the Dufield House. When I have a garage sale this year, I'll see if I can get the details. Lots of people tell me stories about the house when they stop.
All of the houses around the pond can use the property to the best of my knowledge. Only 26 acres is open for public use. It is a peaceful place with a lot of nature.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog