Paul G Shelby

" I Paul G Selby was born in Mifflin Ohio, Ashland County August 15, 1890.  Father Past on when I was only 6 years old or I should say 5 1/2 years old.  Father was only 56 years of age, he had cancer.  he was in the civil war under General Sherman.  I went to school till I was 16 then I farmed 4 years then mother past on she also had cancer.  In 1910 July.   then our farm was sold and I came to Mansfield.  I worked on Pensylvannia Railroad 2 years then went to Humpries pump work, putting pitcher pumps together or mounting them then learned the pattern makers trade worked 2 years there. Then 1 year at Harrow works then Virgil Hartman called me atQ .B. ( or A or O B, I can't quite make out the handwriting)  and I worked there until I retired."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog