pointy hat duck

 



Well of course he has a pointy hat on, why else would I want to look at him if he didn't? Everyone looks better in a pointy hat.

It has been a while since I last posted. I have not been doing facebook or keeping up with my blog. Perhaps I'm taking a break from being on social networks for a while. Which is kind of silly, since I like the people I like, so I like being on facebook, but sometimes I don't want to be "on", which can be exhausting.

Today as I was unloading groceries from the car, I looked over and saw Buddy looking at me. Shit, I thought, he can see me and he's thinking to himself: "what the fuck? You have not been here in a week... what's the deal?" So I said hello to him and he said " Hey" ( no pun intended). I was not planning on giving him carrots today.. Oh, well, He made me feel guilty... The goats were playful and Buddy and Duncan always the carrots and peppermints. I did not see pixel again today, but Laura said she is hanging out in the shed, so I did not think nothing of it when I did not see her today. Izzy came out and visited with me and the goats. She's very agile around them... she knows they would not intentionally hurt her, but she also does not want to get stepped on.

I got my "grade" for my first project in class today. Considering I totally screwed it up, I'm happy with the review. We are moving into soldering with acetylene torches now...

When we were at the soldering stations today, one of the students was holding onto a torch nozzle which was not acting right... the fire was moving down, the flame was coming out of the side, by her wrist! It was spitting and the flame was a different color and we knew something was very wrong. Our instructor came in and calm took control. The tank was turned off. The student stayed calm and was not injured. What happened is the nozzle was loose. She told us to always check to make sure the fitting is tight ed and not loose. Now I know what can happen. I know I won't have a set up in my studio for this. First of all, you can't get insurance for it and second of all, I don't plan on doing serious soldering or serious jewelry making. Besides, my studio is going to be in the barn and who knows how big those mice are out there... they could knock over a chained tank of gas...

My allergies have been going crazy. I need allergy shots so I can go on living my life without my head exploding and a runny nose and puffy teary eyes... The new medication is not working. The cat scan did not show any abnormalities...
I am not getting rid of gordo, I just need the shots. I groomed him tonight. I miss spending time petting him. He does hang out with me even though I don't touch him. He knows I love him.

I've also been concentrating on getting rid of stuff. Putting a lot more stuff in the shop. Keeping prices low so it sells and I can bring in more...

I hope the movie The Hurt Locker wins an award. It deserves it. Hands down, the best movie I've seen in a long time.
Ok, I'm done now
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog