Copper Locket or My version of one























Sometimes when I make something, it is so screwed up I end up taking a piece of shit home with me.

Not with this piece.


I cannot believe I made this.
With this locket, there were some problems, but nothing I could not fix after tinkering with it a little when I got home.
Of all the things I made this past weekend, this is what I am most proud of.
I love working with metal.
14 or 16 guage steel wire is really hard to work with.. I love the way it looks, but I have not worked with it for at least a year and it shows. Doesn't matter. I like it. A little imperfection is good.
It is supposed to be a locket. I did saw out the heart and I am supposed to put a photograph in there. Obviously I have not done this.

Comments

mechanically brilliant. It looks so balanced. You know, symmetrical and bueatiful. I really like it.
Artorama said…
Karen: This took all day. The rivets were easy, it was making those fucking staples that was difficult... I don't have strong hands.. they are big hands, but not strong hands. Frank says I have Czech Potato Picking Farmer hands. I agree with him.

Thank you for your comment. I'm proud I made it.
You have stronger hands than me by far! I've seen you tear through big branches with pruning shears before!
Artorama said…
I get such a frustration release by pulling out dead branches and weed trees.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Duck has a home