The not so elusive flying squirrel













Here's the flying squirrel. I think his name should be rocket J Squirrel, just like Bullwinkle's buddy. He just let me snap the pictures... He was very busy eating. What is cool is to see him "fly". It's like a blur it goes so fast. It's really a jump, but it's like he's flying. The white fur is where he spreads out and has the extra "skin" to "fly". He's a little guy. Some get much bigger.

I know the quality of the photos are not very good, but he's noctural and only comes out at night. I can't believe he let me take these flash photos of him. Unless of course he's a little blind. I know to look for him, and thought I saw a shadow on the birdfeeder as I was going up to bed. Last time I saw him was about 11pm.

Comments

Sound familiar...?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/outdoors/20030330shalaway0330p5.asp

Popular posts from this blog