Gordo the best cat in McHenry County

This is Gordy the cat. I adopted him after Cecilia asked me to go see him at the county shelter. He had been in a cage for 9 months. Nobody wanted him. He was too old. He was so sweet. He is a large cat. Not fat, just big. Anyway, I took him home. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. Gordy is probably the best cat I ever had. No, he is the best cat. I should tell you he has all his claws. Never uses them. He is very vocal. Talks all the time. He likes meat. Comes over to the refrigerator and wants little itty pieces of meat, the size of my fingernail ... He prefers red meat, but will eat chicken and tuna and sausage. He'll even eat cheese. He will come if you call him by name. His stomach moves to the left and right when he runs. He loves to be groomed. I tooked 10 lbs of hair off of him this morning. I can trim his nails myself because he lets me. I have never harmed him. I am very careful. The vet recommends he has his teeth cleaned, but I think he is too old to be put to sleep for this procedure, so I have not allowed it. His breath is not so bad. I like him just the way he is. Gordy does not like loud noises or activity around him. He sleeps a lot. Every morning Frank takes him outside to eat grass while he gets the morning paper. It is a ritual they both enjoy. One time Frank forgot Gordy and he was at the front door waiting to come in. He likes living here.

Comments

Sara said…
Gordy is the best cat! He loves when you pet him.
julie said…
Marcella,

That is a cute cat. I don't think he is too old. I am glad he got a good home with you and Frank.
julie said…
Marcella,

That is a cute cat. I don't think he is too old. I am glad he got a good home with you and Frank.

Popular posts from this blog